Subject: [Leica] Re: 50/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH
From: dkhong at pacific.net.sg (DKhong)
Date: Fri May 28 04:35:10 2004

Friends

We are now on the threshold of pushing boundaries in the realm of photography.

In the digital world, the challenges are quite obvious. IMO, they have to
improve on the lag phase, washed out highlights, need to spend hours on end
getting the final hard image just right for the hard copy (which I see less
despite larger numbers of images captured), photo file management ( I can
see my descendants just letting that CD-ROM with all my best taken images
just rot further) surprising numbers of blur shots on hard copy that seems
to appear sharp on the LCD on camera (maybe optical illusion, no?)  more
economical home digital prints (i.e. cheaper ink cartridges), just to name
a few.

In the film world, it is sharpness all the way to the film edge, larger
aperture (maybe f1.0 is the norm one day), and better B&W films.  I still
love to look at that album where my dad kept those prints taken in the mid
1900's.

LIfe goes in circles. Digital is king today.........film again next?

Dan K.

Replies: Reply from martin at jangowski.de (Martin Jangowski) ([Leica] Re: 50/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH)