Subject: [Leica] Re: sorta OT: buying external scsi harddrive online
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat May 29 11:27:52 2004

I wrote:

> Now, I'm getting a 120 gig for $94, including shipping.  Gotta love
> technology.  :) (And Zipzoomfly...the price is about double that at
> Best Buy...my only local choice.)

In case anybody is interested, I thought I'd follow up.  Ordered from
Zipzoomfly over the weekend.  Received on Wed.  Bought last year's version
of Norton Ghost for $15.  Spent this morning copying over my drive.  For a
total outlay of $109, I increased my storage space by an order of magnitude.
I'm going to buy another drive or two of the same size from Zipzoomfly and
use Ghost to backup on a regular basis.  No excuse not to now that the
drives are this cheap.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/