Subject: [Leica] Chicago LUG meeting and Leica Demo Day
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Jun 7 08:39:34 2004

Well the trip to Chicago was fun.  Kat had a great time at the Fall Out Boy
concert - No, I don't have a clue who they are either.  And I had a great
time drooling over various M lenses that I wanted, and the wife just kept
the Evil Eye focussed on me. ;-)  I met Bob Palmieri and several of the LUG
members in the Chicago area, we had lunch and had a nice visit and talked
about Leicas and photography in general.  Oh, I did make one Leica
purchase, I bought the SF24d flash unit.  Yes, I know a True M user does
not use flash, but I'm only going to use it for fill flash  - REALLY, TRUST
ME!  ;-)  Besides that, I'd be dead before the salesman even had the 24/2.8
Asph. off the shelf, if I had tried to get one (Using the logic that the
price was going up next month, and no tax for the demo day, Perfect lens
for our Germany/Poland trip in December, phased her not one teensy bit, I
would have been dead and cold in an instant if I'd tried).  A comment on
the SF24d, It is a very nice unit for those looking for a small light flash
for their M.  It is very nicely balanced, hardly no extra weight, and
everything is automatic in the TTL mode - true plug and play (assuming you
have a M6TTL or M7).  Exposure compensation for fill is a breeze.  Yes it
is pricey at $299, but a slick unit any way you look at it.

Anyway, Thanks to Bob and gang for the hospitality.

Gene