Subject: [Leica] Mysterious Kodak film
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Jun 8 20:41:42 2004

Peter,
The British magazine, "Practical Photography", did a test maybe four
years ago.  At that time it was a different emulsion designed to sell in
grocery stores and drug stores.  The found larger dye clumps and less
sharpness than T400 or Portra: in general it was a very inferior film.

This year Kodak has come out with a similarly named film that is in fact
a rework of their Portra film.  If the film you bought has a long
expiration date then it will be the good stuff, on the other hand, if it
expires in eight to twelve months then it is probably the old stuff.

In any case, the previous advice to downrate the film to 200 and not
print it in the darkroom are good suggestions.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com