Subject: [Leica] RE: While it is happening (B. D. Colen)
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Wed Jun 23 11:07:29 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 06:43, B. D. Colen wrote:
> You're absolutely correct, Mark; there are different standards. The
> problem, however, is that the formal standard has weakened enormously in
> the past 40 years, and having the second standard weakens it further, as
> the sloppy Email writing carries over into more formal communication. At
> least that's how I see it.

Pick up a copy of Time or Newsweek from the late 70s or even early 80s and
compare it what we get today. The difference in the sophistication of writing
is quite apparent.

Feli

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] RE: While it is happening (B. D. Colen))
Reply from jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon) ([Leica] RE: While it is happening (B. D. Colen))