Subject: [Leica] B&W Films/Developers
From: daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Jun 24 21:43:22 2004

My way of understanding what you write is that Efke 400 is the original
film and that it is repackaged and sold HP5+ when sold under the Ilford
name. I looked at your reference and it is the other way around. Efke does
not have their own 400 film so they buy from Ilford and repackage it as
Efke 400.

I think it does matter. It means that if you are using Ilford HP5+, then
you know what you are getting. If you use Efke 400, then you can never be
sure. They might cut a better deal with another supplier of EI 400 film
and decide to repackage Tri-X, Tmax or Agfa APX 400 as Efke 400 in the
future.

So it does matter. With Ilford, you know what you're getting, with Efke,
you can never be sure (until they decide to make their own 400 film).

Daniel