Subject: [Leica] Erwin's Summilux write-up
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Jun 25 04:32:31 2004

I agree with Mark on this.... the name SUMMILUX used to mean a particular
design or designer.  But in more recent history it only means the F stop of
the lens.  Hardly a valid reason to compare a specific lens to others of the
same F stop regardless of focal length.

More valid is to compare it to other lenses of the same FL or close to the
same FL but different design or F Stop.  I think Erwin did some comparisons
like this.

OTOH, let it hereby be known that any rich doctor or dentist or corporate
banker or event divorced person that wants to sell his ASPH 35 or 75 Lux of
15% of it s purchase price of 2 months ago is welcome to sell it her on
Friday, or any other day of the week.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net