Subject: [Leica] Re: Thanks, Brian
From: keith at wbalaw.com (Keith R. Wessel)
Date: Fri Jun 25 18:30:21 2004

:-)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Reid" <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@leica-users.org>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Thanks, Brian

> Retrospect rocks.
> The only problem with it is that it works so well that I've managed to
raise 4 children to college age without any of them ever losing a file on
their computers, because the backups were so seamless and the recovery so
fast that they never noticed. This means that they are entering adulthoood
with the belief that computer file systems are reliable, which is extremely
dangerous.

> I think if I had it to do over again I'd have them lose some files along
the way just so that they could have the learning experience and understand
what it means. "What do you mean, 'gone.' ?"