Subject: [Leica] Re: Thanks, Brian
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sat Jun 26 08:46:41 2004

>Retrospect rocks.
>The only problem with it is that it works so well that I've managed
>to raise 4 children to college age without any of them ever losing a
>file on their computers, because the backups were so seamless and
>the recovery so fast that they never noticed. This means that they
>are entering adulthoood with the belief that computer file systems
>are reliable, which is extremely dangerous.

Yes, that seems to be the favorite excuse for college students these
days. Instead of "my dog ate my homework," it's either:

    * my zip disk ate my homework (entirely believable)
    * a virus ate my homework (also believable on PCs)

Now that Macs are becoming more popular on campus, as well as USB
flash drives, those two excuses are becoming a bit more flimsy.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: Thanks, Brian)