Subject: [Leica] Sending inkjet prints
From: wlarsen at ocsnet.net (Will)
Date: Sun Jun 27 21:27:03 2004

Adam Bridge writes:

>I typically have been sending inkjet prints, mostly on Epson's
>enhanced matte paper, in boxes with tissue between the prints. The
>prints aren't mounted or matted.
>
>BUT...I've been working with Epson's Velvet Fine Art paper (yeah,
>they'll even let ME print on it) and I want to send out some prints.
>But I know it flakes and doesn't like to be rubbed.
>
>What's the best way to send prints made on this, or other, stock?

My suggestion is to slip each print including the top one.  Then cut a
carboard stiffner for the top and the bottom.  Then cut two strips of
paper to go around the whole thing (top-bottom ... left to right).
Pull them tight and tape them.  That should stop the prints from
shifting around and abrading the ink.  I have used this method
sucessfully while printing on rice paper.

Will
/Who promised the IRC he would not participate in the LUG  regarding the
Nocti nonesense... but is so stupid he carries a Nocti as the standard
"carry" lens and uses it at all available apertures./

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Sending inkjet prints)