Subject: [Leica] Noct @F1 vs. color
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon Jun 28 07:51:56 2004

Lovely collection of images. Talk about going from one Leica extreme to
the other F1 to F4 ;-) I find the Tri-elmar a bit slow and I often
worry about its ability to handle flare, but not the Noctilux. Colour
is not as flexible in low light, but my first Nocti images were of
Melbourne late evening on Kodachrome, and they had a magical feel. In
general, b/w is indeed more suited, but there is a very satisfying look
to colour nocti's as well.

Cheers