Subject: [Leica] Fungus in camera
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Thu Jul 1 05:49:24 2004

I finally received my 4/2004 issue of Leica Fotographie International
(LFI).   Two interesting articles in it, the first dealing with repairing
Leica M cameras.  Apparently the worst thing that can happen to a camera or
lens is having it become infected with fungus.  Leica Solms will not repair
such a camera.   The chemical required are "illegal" and, they state, the
fungus itself is hazardous to people's health.

The other article concerns the digital back for the R8/R9.  They are aiming
for a December launch, but they seem to be having problems getting the
internal image processing software ready.  Leica isn't happy with it.   An
"anti-aliasing" filter isn't be used, and they appear to be having problems
solving the resultand moir? patterns visible is some images.   But they are
also confident these problems will be solved.   No sample images yet.

-dan c.

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Fungus in camera)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Fungus in camera)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Fungus in camera)