Subject: [Leica] New York Times anonymous fine art photography
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Sat Jul 3 12:22:59 2004

This site provides a partial explanation for why my website prints sales
have all but completely dried up in the past few years.   I used to get a
steady stream of inquires about print prices etc., and always managed to
see a few throughout the year, at prices I always felt were appropriate for
"fine-art", that is, about 200 bucks or so for an 11x14 print (darkroom
printed the old fashioned way, on real fibre based silver paper, toning
blah, blah).   But no more.   How can I compete with 38 dollar art?  It
costs me 40 bucks just to FedEx a print to a US address.

-dan c.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] New York Times anonymous fine art photography)
Message from mlpowell at sbcglobal.net (Matthew Powell) ([Leica] New York Times anonymous fine art photography)