Subject: [Leica] Re: home processing C41
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Sat Jul 10 15:11:31 2004

Eric-
Having worked in a couple of minilabs, I can tell you the Fuji minilabs are
pretty good- The film is pulled, attached to a card, over rollers that are
dished and touch only the edges of the film. It travels up and down the rack
assembly, and if the final stabilizer tanks are changed as they are supposed
to be, there is very little chance of dust- especially from the solutions as
they are all filtered, and the film is air dried with filtered warm air. I
usually have more trouble keeping my greasy fingerprints off the film than
dust from the processor!
Perhaps I should not sort negatives while eating Kentucky Fried Chicken....
Dan