Subject: [Leica] Summilux Asph arrives
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Mon Jul 12 16:44:44 2004

You could have knock me down with a feather. My 50 Summilux Asph
arrived today. Those of you who are unfamiliar with where I live may be
confused. You see I live in Canada and normally when Leica NJ is
looking after us we get appalling service. I was happy to hear that
Photo Village had received their first shipment but I fully expected
them to fill Canadian orders last; perhaps a month or two from now. All
I can say is that I am delighted. My only complaint is that I am too
busy right now to run rolls through it and I will have to wait for
later in the week to let the lumens shine through.

Initial reaction is very positive: nice design, I like the focusing
tab, they have beefed up the detent spring on the aperture and the hood
twists and locks: marvelous! The bad news? Well the old QC bugaboo of a
stiff focus ring is also there: sigh. I will work it back and forth for
a while and see how it goes. Unfortunately I cannot send it in for
adjustment until an upcoming trip to Ireland is over.

Oh well, no complaints here. Mark me down as delighted with some
qualification.

John Collier