Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital M
From: fmaturana at euskalnet.net (Felix Lopez de Maturana)
Date: Tue Jul 13 08:50:22 2004

>I don't know that I call fine-tuning lenses innovative, David. Yes, they
>produce stunning lenses; absolutely no question about it. But the
>reality is that Canon also produces some stunning lenses, and even Nikon
>produces a few. ;-) There's nothing really "innovative" about it. Now,
>if they found a way to produce stunning lenses at far lower cost, that
>would be innovative. ;-)

May be the problem of Leica is that, probably due to the size and management
of the company, Leica cannot achieve the production of stunning lenses not
at a lower cost,  this may be mathematically impossible, but at a reasonable
price. A "standard" lens like the new 50mm ASPH is merely out of reason at
the price is offered. I can buy two excellent Canon L lenses for this price.
Probably a problem of efficacy of the company that will disappear if this
situation remains.

Felix