Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 27, Issue 385
From: fmaturana at euskalnet.net (Felix Lopez de Maturana)
Date: Tue Jul 13 15:26:11 2004

>Likewise, I am not sure even Nikon's F model
>can hold up to professional use decade after decade as a properly
>maintained M will.
>
>Yes. They can and do. I've got two of them which just keep going
flawlessly.

>the aluminum barreled lenses
>that Nikon sold in the sixties are just plain loose and sloppy now.
>Even my Summar from the 1930's is still useable today in the same
>conditions it was good for in the thirties.

My two Nikon F do work flawlwssly after forty years -not to speak of my two
F2 and one F3,F4 and F5-. The barrel of my six NON AI -old Nikkor lenses- do
the same and I've used them few months ago. And yes I find out of reason the
price of Leica equipment. I got a big bunch of them because buying them I
had not to make a choice:Leica or my house mortgage lose anything like that
but if my budget would have been much more limited I never had bought Leica
equipment as most of consumer and pros do. I do not discuss Leica gear is
the best and I enjoy using it but I'll never say his price is "reasonable".
Because is not. You pay both best equipment, name  and the not so efficient
methods of production and management. But I'll  never sell my Leicas only
because they are technical jewellery...But perhaps I get the excommunication
from Leica priests.

Felix