Subject: [Leica] transporting film
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Jul 15 12:57:38 2004

At 12:24 PM 7/15/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Basically what I've found lately is the security people appear to be a tad
>smarter and informed re- higher speed films and deliberately ask for
>anything 800 and higher, offering hand inspection.
>
>ted

... but keep in mind that the 400 speed film that you are planning to push
will actually end up as 800 or 1600 speed film.  I made a label to put on
the bags that says "Professional High Speed Film To Be Pushed on
Development"  I usually have to explain what that means.  Unlike Ted, I
have had film ruined by x-ray machines.  To see what it looks like, scroll
to the bottom of this page:
http://www.kodak.com/cluster/global/en/service/tib/tib5201.shtml#SEC47
The machines in Russia, Poland, Iraq, Jordan, Turkey, Morocco, and Iran
cannot be trusted.  In fact, I wouldn't even stand anywhere near them!  I
carry a heavy lead-lined bag to those countries because they will not allow
you to pass the film around either.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com