Subject: [Leica] Photo student harassed in Seattle by Homeland Security
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Sat Jul 17 08:09:44 2004

On the other hand, there have been recent cases of people being questioned
while photographing suspicious targets (such as the man seen photographing
oil refineries in Texas, who subsequently was found to have taken photos of
nuclear power plants in Ohio and Michigan - TIME July 12,2004).   Maybe he
had a perfectly innocent explanation for it, but I see no reason why he
shouldn't be giving that explanation to authories.

Reminds of a fairly senior employee at a railway I used to work at.  This
guy's idea of a vacation in the sun would be to go to Jamaica, and spend
the whole time there visiting railyards and taking photos of the trains.
I mean, this guy was a fanatic.  He would hand around railyards at
midnight, and time the arrival and departure of trains.   So, yes, it is
possible for very suspicious looking behavior to be perfectly innocent in a
weird sort of way, but it should still be investigated.

-dan c.
[snip]

Message from dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post) ([Leica] Photo student harassed in Seattle by Homeland Security)