Subject: [Leica] Hints on JOBO auto processing.
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jul 25 06:52:28 2004

Actually, as far as I recall, Kodak's recommendation is 100ml of pure
XTOL per film. And there are people here, like Mark Rabiner and yours
truly, who have often violated this rule because we like to use XTOL 1+3
(which BTW is no longer recommended by Kodak). My Jobo tanks take about
1/2 l of solution, and so a 1+3 dilution of XTOL will have 125ml of XTOL
in it. I have routinely developed Fuji Acros in this soup, 2 rolls at a
time, with excellent results.

Kodak of course wants to err on the conservative side, plus the cynic in
me thinks that if everyone follows their recommendations (the 100ml
minimum, no dilutions greater than 1+1) then Kodak will sell more XTOL ;-)

Nathan