Subject: [Leica] OT: Shadows/highlights adjustment in Photoshop CS
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jul 25 22:08:06 2004

Since upgrading to Photoshop CS a few weeks ago I have received some
comments that my pictures look overexposed or washed out. I am wondering
if I am damaging them by using the Shadows/Highlights adjustment. It
seems to work like magic in recovering shadow detail in the image, so I
usually apply it, and then make the same type of Levels adjustment I did
in PS 7, to ensure that the image has the right tonality and contrast.
The question is, is the Shadows/Highlights adjustment something to be
avoided, like the simple Brightness/Contrast adjustment, or is it OK to
use but with very gentle parameters? I know that there are some
experienced PS users here, so let me hear your opinions.

TIA,
Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] OT: Shadows/highlights adjustment in Photoshop CS)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] OT: Shadows/highlights adjustment in Photoshop CS)
Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] OT: Shadows/highlights adjustment in Photoshop CS)
Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] OT: Shadows/highlights adjustment in Photoshop CS)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: Shadows/highlights adjustment in Photoshop CS)