Subject: [Leica] Re: Follow focus test
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Jul 25 10:07:16 2004

Tina:

>I'm not perfect by any means!  But that doesn't mean I put my imperfections
>on display.  I don't wear shorts or skirts that show the scars on my
>knees.

I don't feel the need to expose my less-than-perfect belly to the world.
Somewhere along the line, I went from having 6-pack abs to having a full
blown keg.  :)

I have a scar on my leg caused by dissolvable stiches that didn't (about 3
inches long and 3/4" wide).  That doesn't stop me from wearing shorts.  My
mother-in-law has a scar running down her leg where a vein was removed for
her heart bypass.  She wears shorts in public.  I wouldn't let scars on my
knees stop me from being comfortable.

I'm not suggesting that you should squeeze into spandex, but nobody else
will even give a second thought about your wearing shorts that end slightly
over your knees.  You've *earrned* those scars, Tina.  Treat 'em as badges
of honor.  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: Follow focus test)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Follow focus test)