Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 31 A walk in the park
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Jul 31 05:18:14 2004

Comments last week about whales took me to the parks near my home.  When
traveling I certainly am forced to do some whale watching but in the
part of town I inhabit, there are not many whales.

My first image is of a very opinionated woman whose family was here
before Atlanta was Atlanta (Terminus).  Every morning brings her to a
two or three lap walk around the park.  During our conversation she
opined that perhaps I should go back where I came from; we had been
talking about the lack of urban planning in Atlanta vs. Kansas City.  I
think perhaps some of her family tied the ropes to the tails of the
drunken cows when the roads were laid out.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/PAW-31/memorialparkwalker

The second image is of a retired gentleman who still works every day:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/PAW-31/parktoweljogger

My third image is typical of the male presence in the park, at least a
pair of friends out for a morning jog.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/PAW-31/malerunnermemorialpark

Last, anybody who spends time in local parks understands the traffic
jams that can occur.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/PAW-31/parkjoggersdog

I kept the framing very loose to show some environment of the urban
parks early in the morning.  Most people are there for a morning
constitutional or to walk the dog.  Not much socialization occurs until
later in the day.

Comments always welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com