Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 31 A walk in the park
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jul 31 07:20:55 2004

Don Dory showed:

> My first image is of a very opinionated woman whose family was here
> before Atlanta was Atlanta (Terminus).  Every morning brings her to a
> two or three lap walk around the park.  During our conversation she
> opined that perhaps I should go back where I came from; we had been
> talking about the lack of urban planning in Atlanta vs. Kansas City.  I
> think perhaps some of her family tied the ropes to the tails of the
> drunken cows when the roads were laid out.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/PAW-31/memorialparkwalker
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/PAW-31/parktoweljogger
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/PAW-31/malerunnermemorialpark
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/PAW-31/parkjoggersdog

> I kept the framing very loose to show some environment of the urban
> parks early in the morning.  Most people are there for a morning
> constitutional or to walk the dog.<<<<<<<<<

Hi Don,
I like the feel of the B&W better then the colour. Maybe because in some
instances  the B&W creates a kind of realism, even though we see in colour.
And "the loose cropping" is perfect as it retains the openness of the park
environment. Particularly when one does an early morning walk or run
themselves. Personally I like cool and quiet the less bodies the better and
that's why I try to get out the door by 6-6.30 each day.

In your pictures I feel the coolness of the morning air and look of the open
space because for me they depict what my mornings start out like. Beside it
clears the sleep fog and get's one ready for tackling a new day.

However now I'm out door! Thanks for setting the tone to get out! ;-)

Good ones.
ted

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Don's PAW 31 A walk in the park)