Subject: [Leica] decline in LUG membership
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (nathan.wajsman@planet.nl)
Date: Tue Aug 10 00:31:22 2004

I must confess that I am one of the Leica owners who have just switched to
digital for much of my photography. The tipping point for me came when my
Danish friend came to visit and I saw firsthand what can be done with a
Canon 10D. Of course I had seen the excellent work posted by, say, B.D., but
one thing is to look at something on a web site and another to hold the
camera in your hands and see the results on your own computer.

This does not mean that I will ever leave this list. It is by far the best,
friendliest, most interesting mailing list I have ever been on, both photo
and non-photo. I have met many wonderful people here, both virtually and in
person, and I intend to remain active, even if many of my images will be
non-Leica.

But I am also not abandoning Leica completely. I have sold my R8 and one of
the R lenses but kept the SL2 and four of the R lenses (the 100mm Apo Macro
now has an R-to-EOS adapter on it). I am also keeping the M6 and four M
lenses, as well as my two CLs, which I have used for most of my Seville
images during the past year. And this equipment will NOT be in a display
case. In fact, I am in Spain and Portugal this week, and I have the CL
outfit with me here, not the DSLR--simply because of the small size.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, Netherlands
http://www.nathanfoto.com