Subject: [Leica] More PAWs
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Tue Aug 10 07:52:54 2004

Juan,

Apologies for not remembering that you were the other one in the fire
hydrant project discussion, but now I may remember!

As far as your Kennedy Center column
(http://gallery.leica-users.org/JGB-Leica-PAW-Project/PAW_20040808), you
could crop it on the right, but I'm afraid the balance would be off.  If
you wanted to do so it would be quite easy to use photoshop to clone the
sky and fill out the rectangle.  Plenty of people don't like the idea of
manipulating their photos to that extent, but I think it's up to each
person to decide what they're comfortable with their own work.  As long as
folks are honest about these sorts of manipulations and don't attempt to
deceive (eg, use as photojournalism), I don't think there's an "ethical"
problem.  I try to stick to darkroom-type manipulations and also to note
under my photos what I have done (levels, cropping, etc) just because that
feels right to me.

Best,
Aaron

Message from banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche) ([Leica] More PAWs)