Subject: [Leica] LUG membership, "A Waiting for Go/Dig" issue.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Aug 10 12:24:42 2004

George Lottermoser said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG membership, "A Waiting for Go/Dig" issue.

 > I've never understood this.
> If we want to play with dogs (or horses, or birds, or poets or
photographers, or painters, or blacksmiths, or journalists or) we've got to
be willing to get saliva on our Mephistos, crap on our lenses, smudges on
our egos, paint on our suits, and yes maybe even bleed and shed a tear. If
we can't open up to all that - we'll also miss the laughs and the hugs and
the shear joy of understanding our fellow sensient beings.<<<

Hi George,

How true!

I mean if you're going to rumble with the crew you have to be prepared to
get yer butt smacked on occasion. By the same token they'll jump to your
rescue if you hang in and have the give and take necessary to cope in a
cold, cruel world some days. Along with those comfy days when it's cold
beer, pretzels & lying on your back enjoying the weather. Or whatever.

Heck on the LUG I've handed it out on occasion, old fart and experience
thing. ;-) However, yep I've been snapped back at hard for it for everyone
to see on the screen and some scary ones folks didn't see private.

I feel it just goes with a "family event" anytime you have such a magical
group as we have here.

ted

Replies: Reply from jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) ([Leica] My first 'PAW' (/me finally digitizes a photo :-))