Subject: [Leica] Pleasant surprise! :-)
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Sun Aug 15 08:35:06 2004

Congratulations Ted!

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+woc2=earthlink.net@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+woc2=earthlink.net@leica-users.org]On Behalf Of Ted
Grant
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2004 10:27 AM
To: Leica Users Group

Hi folks,
Some days are full of nice things, but yesterday was a special surprise. :-)

The first was a book review in the Globe & Mail newspaper in Canada from
coast to coast, like Atlantic to the Pacific, in other words possible for 30
million people to read. :-)  It was a wonderful praise worthy review of our
book, "Women in Medicine. A Celebration of their Work."

Stating it should be on the coffee tables of every health care worker in
Canada, if not in the world! :-) I mean how lucky can you get for praise of
your "photo book work." :-)   WOW! :-) :-) Hey it makes you get all bubbly
inside! :-)

The second was a call from a friend who said, "I just came across a copy of
the photo magazine "Camera 35" from April 1974 like new and it has a special
spread on W. Eugene Smith and his Minamata project I thought you might like
to have.  "Like to have?" Man that's like being asked, " we have this gold
nugget we thought you might like to have."

I mean in this issue Smith is their "Our man of the Year" on the cover. And
includes a beautiful multi page spread of pictures as only they were done
many years ago, of his incredible photographic series on the disasters of
the Minamata pollution in Japan.

A fabulous gift to say the least, because we don't see this kind of
photographic spread in magazines any longer. But then that was the good old
days when, yep there were some very good things in, "them thar good old
days." ;-) But this one is exceptional!

ted

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Pleasant surprise! :-))