Subject: [Leica] A Stroll Around the Mobius Strip
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Aug 27 18:27:04 2004

At 09:52 AM 8/27/04 -0400, B. D. Colen wrote:
>Oh, well if he shoots nothing but Zeiss glass and is a friend of yours
>Marc, then everything he writes must be fair and balanced, and 100
>percent accurate.
>
>By the way, you might be interested to know that professional
>photographers are constantly seeking out the criticism of other
>professional photographers not because they want their faces ripped off,
>as you so charmingly put it, but because they know that they can be the
>worst judges of their own work. ;-)

Well, BD, I do appreciate your intrusion into this tread.  The fellow in
question is making a solid living at production and item photography and
does not have to sponge off his wife's rather lucrative pastry shop.

In other words, the critics he responds to are the folks who pay his tab
and a couple of other greats (Mike is close friends with, for instance,
Ernst Wildi as he was with the late Sal Di Maco and is a noted scholar of
Capa's work.)

And, BD, don't you be saying anything bad about another of my clients, Bob
Shell.  Be nice!

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!