Subject: [Leica] 21 Color Skopar shot(s)
From: daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat Aug 28 09:59:57 2004

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Greg Locke wrote:

> WOW! Look at all that "noise"  :^)  OK,OK I'll stop.

Yeah, yeah ... :) I had the family breathing down my neck and that was a
naked scan ... not even resizing. I just scanned for the web.

I've put up some more (various angles etc):
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album40

I tried another one now without as _much_ noise :)

Here's what it looks like stopped down a bit (5.6 or 8, I think):
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album40/04v35_0009

If you check out the lower righthand corner, you can see the level of
distortion (not bad, all things considering):
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album40/04v35_0007

Some lines:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album40/04v35_0012
(Notice how empty the streets are? ... This was on my walk back to the
apartment in Oslo ... and I live in the center of town).

Some more lines:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album40/04v35_0013

It's hard to keep it level. But that's my fault, not the lens'. Passage
into the inner court of my apartment block.

And the stairwell (vertical lines):
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album40/04v35_0014

> Thanks Daniel, looks sharp in the middle and little vignetting wide open.

It's hard to judge from the web, of course, but in my eyes, it's tack
sharp. Particularly in the middle. The edges are not bad either. I don't
have anything to compare it with so I can't say it's better than one or
the other. It sure is a nifty little piece of glass to carry around
though. Very, very small.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] 21 Color Skopar shot(s))