Subject: Re. [Leica] Conformity in Athens NOW BEING A SHOOTER!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Aug 30 16:00:43 2004

Nathan Wajsman offered: !
> In a similar vein, on the Miranda Canon forum people usually have their
> equipment list in their signatures. I have: "Never mind the equipment,
> just look at my pictures."<<<

Hi Nathan,
Absolutely!!!! The only time it's worth knowing something about how a
picture was made is when there's a "particularly interesting effect and how
was it achieved?"

I mean who cares and what benefit is there in knowing whether a photo was
taken with which 50mm lens. Sure if it's a 50 and used wide open shooting at
it's closest point of focus and it created an interesting background effect
IE: A Noctilux. Then it could be interesting to ask "How did you do that?"

But other than, say a "blurred effect using a slow shutter speed" and asking
what was the shutter speed used?  Yep that's good to know.

But for heaven sake who the hell cares how much gear you have, useless
information to assist another in their picture taking.

So big deal, I've got a bunch of stuff lying around here that would make
some folks quiver but how the hell is it going to help them be better
photographers knowing?

And in case some dumb ass bad guys read the LUG and then find
out...."Oooooooooooooohhh that's a good place to have a look see what we can
find?"  No? Well guys think again! Remember it's a great big open
communications system where unfortunately we as ordinary good folks tend to
tell the world everything about ourselves everytime we press..... SEND!"
And it's sure as hell a great search tool for the bad guys! :-(

ted.

" <nathan.wajsman@planet.nl>