Subject: [Leica] Re: Montreal, Canada
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Tue Aug 31 15:32:24 2004

Is this the year for Mois de al Photo in Montreal, or will that be next
September?

-dan c.

At 03:17 PM 31-08-04 -0700, Liam Maloney wrote:
>Hi Bill,
>
>Camtec photo (corner Notre Dame street just east of St. Laurent Boulevard)
has some stuff. Jean is a good person to talk to. Also try ImagePoint, on
St. Catherine street east of Crescent. Really nice people there, some of
whom are regular Leica shooters themselves. Greg is right, Simon's used
prices aren't that competitive. It's worth visiting if you like getting
attitude while you window shop - it's one-liner heaven there.

>While you're in the city, wander over to McGill College street and walk
north from St. Catherine street. There is a large-scale exhibit of
photographs currently on display outside called "Les Faiseurs de Paix /
Protecting Peace" featuring the work of seven Canadian photojournalists and
documenting the work of peacekeepers and aid workers in hotspots around the
globe. Two of the photogs used Leicas (to keep this O/T!), including me. My
pics are the ones from Bolivia. Don't hesitate to drop me a line while
you're here (email off-list for contact info). Montreal is a great city!

>You may also want to visit BloWup Photogalerie, where they are presenting
a more intimate series of photos from the same set of assignments. Call
(514) 874-0404 for directions and opening hours.

>For those who are interested in seeing the exhibit online, go to
www.reporters.qc.ca
>The english version still has a few (machine translation) problems, which
should be rectified when the organizers have a little down time.

>I also encourage locals to go to the World Press Photo 2004 exhibit.
Vernissage/ opening is on September 9th at 2550 Ontario st. East. See you
there!