Subject: [Leica] the future happened yesterday
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Sep 1 16:18:15 2004

Come on, Feli - There's no way that a year ago the memory card sales
would have outstripped the film sales. Besides...He didn't say numbers,
he said sales - which I take to mean dollars. At the normal full retail
price charged by most camera stores, it doesn't take many 35 exposure
rolls to equal the less expensive memory cards - which are what most
people buy - Hell, what's a 36 exposure roll of high speed Extachrome
RETAIL for?

The truth is that we now on the downhill side of the mountain dividing
Filmland from Digiland...Filmland is behind us, even if there are many
folks who have chosen to stay behind rather than explore the frontier.
;-)