Subject: [Leica] Digilux 2 review pt posted - many samples
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:15 2004

B.D. writes in part:

> "So I really don't need Sean, or you, to explain what is totally obvious
> from reading the review - the camera has some neat features, handles
> beautifully, and produces noisy,oversharpened, images."

Now I think you really starting to get it. The reviews stand on their own,
beautifully, and certainly don't need "unqualified 3rd parties" to interpret
them. Most of them are quite clear on their conclusions!

> "As to my 'ranting and raving,' I hardly think any one who is in the
> least objective would read the paragraph you read as 'ranting and
> raving' as anything other than a simple statement of what I see the
> current Leica offering to be, and what I wish it was."

I stand corrected. Your constant, unending, negative, posts regarding all
things Leica R, or Leica D, or Leica Pricing are not "rants and raves". They
merely qualify as "rants".

On the other hand, your constant, continuous, repetitious, unending, posts,
enthralling us all with the "wonders" of Olympus digital (over and over and
over again) qualify as "rants and raves". I've been hoping over the months
and years that you would number them for us. This would allow some of us
slow on the uptake types to get your meaning much quicker.

> "And as to your suggesting that "wait (quietly)" for someone to
> build a digital M or build it myself...Well, when Brian finally gets tired
> of
> running the LUG, and you take it over, you'll be much better
> positionedto tell someone to "wait (quietly)." As much as I'd like
> to tell you the same thing, I recognize that this is a wide-open list, and
> even
> you have a right to post whatever kind of nonsense you care to."

Here, is another example of how the proposed "Colen numbering system" could
come in handy. You could number this paragraph right up there in your
series, perhaps number 3 or 4 even! If I had a nickel for every time I read
this inane nonsense from you I'd out rank Bill Gates on Fortunes annual
People With Vaults Full of Too Money List. Some people, those who can; Do.
Other people, those who can?t used to Teach. Now it seems some of them hang
around User Groups to Pontificate and Troll!

I don't know if Brian still has an open offer to provide free enthusiasts
lists like the LUG to all comers. If so, you could setup two of them. With
one you could pontificate on the wonders of "Non-Leica" equipment, perhaps
with a "Rant of the Day". The name "UNLUG" somehow seems appropriate! On a
second List, called perhaps the "REALLYUNLUG" you could enthrall the
subscribers with a "Rant & Rave of the Day" and flack Olympus products at
the same time.

> Best to you, too.
>
> B. D.

and you,