Subject: [Leica] My first Leica shots
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:18 2004

Do NOT, repeat NOT, ever use that Mode-Grayscale to do your conversions.
Either purchase one of the commercially available Photoshop plug-ins,
such as BW Pro from www.fredmiranda.com , or go over to the PS actions
menu, and you'll see a convert action that uses the channel mixer. You
will get MUCH better results going that route, much more 'realistic'
contrast and tones. Then, after you've done the conversion, go to the
filter menu, open the Unsharpen mask, and it it - roughly - for about
15% and 65 pixels, with the bottom setting at 1. You'll see that without
apparently sharpening the image, it will give the contrast a good snap,
and you will have an even more film-like image.

Best

B. D.