Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V26 #262
From: Kvj at Gammanine.com (Keith V Johnson)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:19 2004

"  Only a
rank beginner would worry which way the knob turns."

    That?s either the funniest or most pathetic statement I've read in a
while.
    FWIW, I've carried both the MP and the TTL simultaneously on several
assignments over the last year.
     During a couple of tough situations I found myself rolling the shutter
dial on the M6 the wrong way. No lost shots, no big problems. When the
chance to trade for a Non TTl came up, I figured I'd just put the thought
out there in case there was something I hadn't thought about.
      I've been shooting for what I describe as a long time. I've carried
several kits at once on many jobs, and I've always preferred to have
consistency within each system. Even when I couldn't afford it.
    Anal retentive?, maybe. Rank amateur? No. Been doing this, successfully,
for way too many decades to hear that and be quiet.
    My TTL is not ratty, and the camera I'm trading for is in identical
condition. I know mine has had way more film thru it though. I'm going to
make the trade tomorrow. It will be an even swap, between friends.
    I always preferred the smaller non ttl body, and the added bonus of not
having the dials opposed is a good thing. Plus, the TTL doesn?t fit my
Visoflex with the 90 degree finder. Yes, I said Visoflex.
    One more note, the TTL has some issue with one of my dink flashes,
whereas the non ttl seems to get along with everything including my pocket
wizards.
    So that?s it for now I suppose.