Subject: [Leica] Frame counter won't reset
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:27 2004

That is precisely the problem I had at the time with my almost new M6
non-TTL.

I do not know precisely how to fix it.  There is a lever that is
released when you remove the bottom plate of the camera.  Upon releasing
that lever, the spring-loaded return mechanism for the counter should
engage and release.  I found that if I wound and released the mechanism,
it would return more and more, but after all these years, the return
still doesn't go back to -2 pictures.

You would need to get into the mechanism of the camera and remove the
top cover, which with a brand new camera, I would strongly urge you do
not do yourself.

I am sure the staff at Leica would be more than happy to repair/adjust
this for you.

regards
Vick