Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 36: Hilversum/Amsterdam
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Sep 5 20:55:16 2004

Hi Didier,

No doubt you are right. However, I have to say that in this particular
situation--walking around and snapping quick pictures in bright
sunshine--I doubt that I would have had my Summilux wide open. More
likely at f4 or f5.6, similar to the Sigma, especially since the maximum
shutter speed of the M6 is only 1/1000. But the bokeh would still have
been better. I have since bought a couple of fast Canon
lenses--1.4/50mm, 1.8/85mm--which do have quite nice bokeh too, but
again, in the situation at hand, I probably would have had the aperture
set to something smaller than wide open.

Nathan