Subject: [Leica] iconic shape
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Mon Sep 6 15:02:56 2004

Dead right B.D.
it's just a tarted up Panicsonic in a different can - BTW the MUCH
cheaper non-Solms version came out of nearly all tests in German photo
magazines a few points ahead of the Leica (in spite of the Leicaphile
tendencies of a few journalists here).
However -
IMO , having handled both, I think the Leica does actually feel like a
Leica.
It really is an extremely successful bit of re-packaging.
Douglas