Subject: [Leica] The story of my detention by the NYPD
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon)
Date: Thu Sep 9 12:30:14 2004

Let it go!  It's an apolitical event! In 1968 I was maced, tear gassed,
thrown on the ground, searched by the police...the only crime I committed
was being young...I had no part in the demonstrations.....I was not very
happy. I did not perceive it as a conspiracy or trend towards a "Cold Wind"
Any one that thinks the NYPD is an extension of the Republican party has
been inhaling something besides Rodinal.  In "68" I actually had a few
acquaintances that were cops....generally older brothers of friends...We
would shoot pool, get drunk and occasionally smoke dope together. I have no
reason to think 95% of the other cops were any different...ordinary guys
drawing a paycheck. I remember giving one of the cops an Italian "shrug"
meaning "what the #@ck " is going on? He answered "Jon...you never know how
you will react when you get hit in the face with a bag of shit laced with
razor blades"