Subject: [Leica] flash equip for R9?
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Sep 10 15:51:40 2004

Stasys,
If you don't mind the size, you will not be disappointed by the Metz.
The auto modes work very well for me and I get good coverage even with a
100 speed film, although I would recommend a 400 speed film for a
wedding.  With a 250th flash synch you will still be able to use fill
flash outdoors.

As with all high contrast situations, bride in very light and groom in
very dark, use a portrait film such as Portra or NHG, downrate one full
grade in ISO, and practice such tricks as underexposing ambient two
stops while keeping the flash exposure normal.  This will really make
the bride pop from the background.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com