Subject: [Leica] Keyzer 4" x 5" w/ coldlite head (neon)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Sep 11 19:07:30 2004

On 9/11/04 7:13 AM, "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> typed:

> Gee- I wonder if an enlarger with a mercury lamp would be as effective! :o)
> Personally, I want to see one with nothing but blue and green LEDs!!
> Dan (flickeringly) Post

Wasn't there an LED enlarger head from SALT or Zone VI or one of those
companies? I was all hyped up on it but it turned out to be made of cheap
plastic here today gone tomorrow kind of thing. A friend of mine saw one.
Not the higher end thermo nuclear space age type. The 80's again.

I'm going to get a couple of those cheap omni directional LED safelights
from Adorama.

Like a regular light bulb they shine in all directions.

The most inefficient thing there is is directional lighting. Little spots
all over the place. And it seems most safelights are like that. Not a
Thompson of course.

This also has nothing to do with it but I read Frank Lloyd Wrights worst
thing he ever did was to invent indirect lighting.
Bounce flash if you will..

But commercial or residential lighting which is not direct consumes watts
like a son of a gun.

The less contrast light has the more you need of it to see straight.

... To make up for the lack of hard edges.

Which is why clear not frosty bulbs are so cool....

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/