Subject: [Leica] More from the Udvar-Hazy Center
From: cmbrow at wm.edu (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Sun Sep 12 06:47:20 2004

Here're a few more from the Udvar-Hazy collection of the National Air
and Space Museum, near Dulles International Airport in Washington, DC.

I went out on a drizzly Sunday morning at opening time; there was
already a short line to enter.  Lighting is comprised of a lovely,
diffused skylight glow and arc lights that fry your retinas, with
various high-intensity spots more or less randomly distributed.  I found
it a challenge to get *any* decent images, and stuck with the medium
telephoto throughout; most of these are exposed at ISO 800 and wide open
on the Olympus 50/2.

I confess that I found this sort of 'documentary' work utterly relaxing,
as opposed to confronting disaffected subjects in the Green Leafe, for
instance.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2687492&size=lg

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2687503&size=lg

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2687485&size=lg

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2687499&size=lg

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2687505&size=lg

The titling's a little shaky. I can't seem to put my hands on the small
notebook in which I jotted down technical info about the aircraft, and
the NASM website's not much help.

Comments, derision, etc. invited, as ever.