Subject: [Leica] the next M
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Wed Sep 15 18:28:09 2004

OK, we know it's not going to be Digital M, not enough time.

We know it's now "special M7" covered with the finest toe hair of the
Bhutan pikas as hand picked by Himalayan virgins. Otherwise, E. probably
would not have mentioned it.

So as Mr. Puts put it, M7 is "Close to Perfection," and whatever
superlative MP is, if this is indeed a new M that is in some ways,
improvements to the existing Ms, what features would it have? Remember that
progress at Solm moves glacially, so there probably will not be drastic
changes like new loading system or different shutter with faster (sync) top
speeds etc.

My guess:
- Step to digital. May be they will introduce a new mount that is backward
compatible w/ the M, and or the back is made so that it can be mated with a
Digital-Modul-M in two years.

- higher mag. VF, 1.0 Baby!

- no-flare RF, again, and this time, they get it even more right!

....?

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] the next M)