Subject: [Leica] contax guessing game...
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)
Date: Wed Sep 15 08:38:29 2004

In case you are not aware, Contax has been running teaser pic, with the
caption: "Back With Passion" for the last week. A new piece of puzzle every
two days. Here's the URL
<http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A8003B0478/Contents-Frame/89C4BAA59688E580C1256EEB00495E6A>

DPReview news forum has a thread on it.

It probably means that I have way too much time on my hands, but looking at
the latest teaser pics, there is some sort of lever there - mechanical
lever. I don't see anything like that on XPAN I/II, Epson R-D1, Contax
G1/G2, Bessa Rs, or even the old Contax II/III.

However, it looks rather like the frameline preview selector on the Leica
M6/M7 (and others?)

OMG - what if Contax releases a M7 clone with the T* Biogon? Digital of
course....

Or may be it's just a new line of lens with the M mount. How sweet is that?

(From the previous teaser pics, we know it has a Biogon, shutter or
aperture dials on top and a bottom that looks very much like the M already,
prompting guesses that it would be a re-badged Epson R-D1 ala Rollei 35RF
rebadging of the R2)

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] contax guessing game...)
Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] contax guessing game...)