Subject: [Leica] Cumbrian lake
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Sep 16 08:39:27 2004

Simon showed:
> This was taken a few weeks back at Tarn Hows in the Cumbrian Lake
District.

> http://sno.webspace.fish.co.uk/images/lake2.jpg<

Neil offered:
> Nice tones with the mist but it has an over cropped feel to it.<<<

Hi Simon & Neil,

Yes it does seem to have a tad cut short to the right side. It still has a
very nice feel to it and one many of us would've liked to have shot
ourselves.

However, to correct this short cut rt. side, my old Travel Bureau photo
editor would've said... "Why the hell didn't you use the National Geographic
red canoe and couple in brightly coloured outdoor clothing in the right
corner?" Then he'd wink.

Seems back in those days everytime you saw this type of photo in Nat. Geo.
there was a red canoe and couple on the lake no matter where the shot was
taken. Red was always the dominant clothing colour or on the boat.

We shooters started to carry a lot of "large size fit all folks" clothing
when on a shoot to add the, __ people outdoor having fun look.__ But after a
month shoot the same clothes and colours became a tad obvious when they kept
turning up in photos from one side of Canada to the other.:-)

Good one Simon, but next time don't forget the red canoe and couple. ;-)
ted

Replies: Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] Cumbrian lake)