Subject: [Leica] All bets are off
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Sep 16 21:52:10 2004

On 9/16/04 3:13 PM, "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> typed:

> At 02:18 PM 9/16/2004, Feli di Giorgio wrote:
>> I'm curious to see how noisy it is. 12MP is a lot pixels to squeeze in to
>> an APS sized sensor. I'm guessing that's the reason why it only goes to
>> 800asa.
>> I hope it turns out to be a spectacular performer. I prefer the Nikon
>> ergonomics
>> over those of Canon
>
> I am betting that Nikon has the noise issue under control. Remember, this
> is their flagship product. They can't miss on things like that.

What makes it to me sound even more flagship (and it looks just like the
d2h) is the many multi part color sensitive meter. Sounds to me like the F5.
I don't think any of the meters since have had millions of little pixel
readers each reading different colors like the f5 but I could be wrong. I
believe the meter on the f5 is the most accurate way of measuring light for
photography ever invented. They should stick that technology in a hand held.
So we can use it with our Nikon view camera lenses! :)

I'm thinking of going Fujinon with my view camera lenses.
So far my only lens is a Fujinon 210.
They've gotten easier to get again now.
Avedon uses them so their bound to be really terrible.
I think with that much acreage you've got some leeway.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/