Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Puzzle Solved
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Fri Sep 17 10:21:38 2004

>What is a Bessa R3A? This is the first I have heard of it, and I cannot
>find anything intellibigle (by me) on it.

Marc, as I understand it, the R3A is to be introduced at Photokina. This
is what the gentleman had to say about it when asked the same question
as you've asked me:

" The R3A is a whole new camera with a newly-designed long-base
rangefinder, new film rewind, and the same shutter and aperture
priority auto.

The move to electronically timed shutters was necessitated.(because) The
mechanically timed shutter used in previous Cosina/Voigtlander cameras
is no longer made and supplies have run out."

You can read the entire discussion here:
http://www.beststuff.com/forum/list.php?f=21

Walker