Subject: [Leica] Collector / User
From: attinasi at mac.com (Marc Attinasi)
Date: Fri Sep 17 10:33:46 2004

B.D.,

Sorry to disagree with you, but 'Collector' and 'User' are not necessarily
mutually exclusive.. I collect old cameras, and though much of the reason
for obtaining them is to just look at them, I also like to use them and I do
use them - each one. There are a lot of reasons that a person collects
things, and a lot of reasons that people use things. It is after all a very
grey world :-)

Try to think beyond your own perspective just a little. The range of human
experience is varied and incredibly interesting! We do not all fint neatly
into little compartments!

Cheers!
- marc

[BD Wrote]
A collector is someone who purchases something inorder to own it, rather
than use it. In fact, a collector may never use the things he or she
collects, while a user buys more than one of a particular thing because
he or she needs that thing to use it. (I own three M 6s so that I can
mount a different lens on each body and not have to take the time to
switch lenses while I'm shooting. Period.