Subject: [Leica] OT- Anyone using the free version of AVG anti-virus?
From: alal at duke.poly.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Sat Sep 18 10:24:05 2004

Hello Everyone,

An OT question- hope Brian will not mind. I'm noticing that after the
last two updates of Norton 2002 AV software my Win 200/Celeron 466
system has slowed down considerably. Task manager shows Norton A/V is
using up as much as 55% of CPU  time running in the background; the
early version hardly took up 5%. Lavasoft and Spybot show no spyware
wasting CPU cycles.

I've, therefore, decided to try another AV program, and while searching
the web came across the free version of AVG. Before I install it I'd be
very grateful if list members who have used it could give me their
opinions, both pro and con.

Thanks.

Regards,
Akhil